rocket

You want some more progress screenshots of DayZ Standalone?

Bandits ? I'm sure they have a good part hiding somewhere in their heart... (Well, maybe not, they're bandits after all !)

Will we be getting any news on game mechanics soon? Mostly I would just like to know if we'll still have to worry about opening a door and apparently breaking our faces, randomly forgetting how to climb a ladder halfway up, those finicky doorways, or breaking legs from falling an inch.

Bandits ? I'm sure they have a good part hiding somewhere in their heart... (Well, maybe not, they're bandits after all !)

I am usually a bandit. I water the plants.

... and then I stomp the plants and throw the pots at random surivors. ^_^

Will we be getting any news on game mechanics soon? Mostly I would just like to know if we'll still have to worry about opening a door and apparently breaking our faces, randomly forgetting how to climb a ladder halfway up, those finicky doorways, or breaking legs from falling an inch.

The thing I want fixed the most is when crawling across the threshold of a doorway and the game decides you want to stand up, so you start running instead alerting all the zombies around you to your presence!

I agree on a status update to get us DayZ freaks to shut up, so I've decided to make up that earlier I smelled a Rocket update by the very end of the week at the latest, just to give us some indication that he is still alive and well while making his/our dreams come true.

/patientface

I agree on a status update to get us DayZ freaks to shut up, so I've decided to make up that earlier I smelled a Rocket update by the very end of the week at the latest, just to give us some indication that he is still alive and well while making his/our dreams come true.

/patientface

This week has been something of a 'Cambrian explosion' for the project, I will report as soon as I can. I'm making up for time and productivity I lost last week due to be very, very sick.

Remember, the aim for the end of the year is to have a foundation build, then we spend the time beyond that to really improve and get ambitious.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/134r9z/rocket_please_can_we_have_an_update/

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

The futures DayZ

Когда выйдет ГТА 5, DayZ уже поработит мозги всех гейморов, игра будет развиваться огромными скачками и в скором времени будет эффект полного погружения в игру. мы все станем рабами этой игры, в ней надо будет писать, какать, лечиться, зарабатывать деньги, там появятся тёлки, с ними будут все мутить, появятся возможности свадеб и созданий своего дома, такой уютной палатки на двоих в какой-нибудь небольшой людской резервации, а так же появится возможность заводить кошек, это будет альтернатива замужества, а ещё нужно будет мыть руки, будет разное мыло, плохое хорошее среднее, от этого будет зависеть чистота героя, это мыло нужно будет искать в крупных городах на прилавках сепермаркетов кишащих зомби, а ещё герой будет стареть, а ещё можно будет учиться играть на инструментах, все будут создавать бойз бэнды и играть вечерами для зомби, а ещё появятся кони, на них можно будет далеко скакать, а при желании зарезать и скушать, сделать вяленное мясо или колбасу твёрдого копчения, это тоже будет зависит от навыка готовки в вехе развития поварского дела, по началу там всякие корешки ебаные и всякая хуйня с земли, а потом деликатесы, раки, царские столы, а ещё там надо будет находить презервативы, что бы с женами заниматься безопасным сексом, а то мало ли она заразная, всё таки постапокалимсис с зомби, везде зараза, вич, дизентерия, а ещё блять беспорядочные связи, в общем все думали романтика и всякое такое, а нихуя, опасность, экстрим, грязь, везде говно, разлагающиеся и вонючие зомби, кстати да, зомби теперь будут вонять, чем больше зомби - тем больше они воняют, у героя будет блювотер бар, когда тот переполняется персонаж сгибается в три погибели и блюёт, так забористо блять и обильно, за это время его могут схарчить блять, по-этому блевать в одиночке - это пизда рулю, в общем в будущем не всё так просто.....рокет просто хотел сделать хорошую ММО о зомби, и тут понеслась!...

Edited by Buran
  • Like 1

The futures DayZ

Когда выйдет ГТА 5, DayZ уже поработит мозги всех гейморов, игра будет развиваться огромными скачками и в скором времени будет эффект полного погружения в игру. мы все станем рабами этой игры, в ней надо будет писать, какать, лечиться, зарабатывать деньги, там появятся тёлки, с ними будут все мутить, появятся возможности свадеб и созданий своего дома, такой уютной палатки на двоих в какой-нибудь небольшой людской резервации, а так же появится возможность заводить кошек, это будет альтернатива замужества, а ещё нужно будет мыть руки, будет разное мыло, плохое хорошее среднее, от этого будет зависеть чистота героя, это мыло нужно будет искать в крупных городах на прилавках сепермаркетов кишащих зомби, а ещё герой будет стареть, а ещё можно будет учиться играть на инструментах, все будут создавать бойз бэнды и играть вечерами для зомби, а ещё появятся кони, на них можно будет далеко скакать, а при желании зарезать и скушать, сделать вяленное мясо или колбасу твёрдого копчения, это тоже будет зависит от навыка готовки в вехе развития поварского дела, по началу там всякие корешки ебаные и всякая хуйня с земли, а потом деликатесы, раки, царские столы, а ещё там надо будет находить презервативы, что бы с женами заниматься безопасным сексом, а то мало ли она заразная, всё таки постапокалимсис с зомби, везде зараза, вич, дизентерия, а ещё блять беспорядочные связи, в общем все думали романтика и всякое такое, а нихуя, опасность, экстрим, грязь, везде говно, разлагающиеся и вонючие зомби, кстати да, зомби теперь будут вонять, чем больше зомби - тем больше они воняют, у героя будет блювотер бар, когда тот переполняется персонаж сгибается в три погибели и блюёт, так забористо блять и обильно, за это время его могут схарчить блять, по-этому блевать в одиночке - это пизда рулю, в общем в будущем не всё так просто.....рокет просто хотел сделать хорошую ММО о зомби, и тут понеслась!...

WTF...

write this in english again please... if you cant, stop writing in jawa speech that nobody can understand -.-

Not sure if bad translation :P

When is GTA 5, DayZ already enslave brains geymorov all, the game will develop huge leaps and soon will be the effect of total immersion in the game. we will all become slaves to this game, it will have to write crap, to be treated, to earn money, there will be chicks, they will be all muddy, the opportunity to weddings and to create a home, a cozy tent for two at some small human reservations as well as an opportunity to start a cat, it will be an alternative to marriage, but still need to wash their hands, there will be different soap, bad good average, this will depend on the purity of the hero, this soap will need to look in the big cities on the shelves sepermarketov swarming zombies and another character will age, but more can be to learn to play instruments, all boy bands will create and play in the evenings for a zombie, and horses still appear, they can be far away to ride, and if you want to kill and eat, to make jerky or sausage solid smoke, it will also depend on the skill of cooking milestone in the development of cooking things, at first there any fucking roots and all garbage from the ground, and then delights, crayfish, king's table, and yet there is need to find condoms that would deal with women safe sex, and then you never know it is contagious, still postapokalimsis with zombies everywhere infection, HIV, dysentery, and even fucking promiscuous, in general, everyone thought the romance and stuff like that, and fucking, danger, extreme, mud, shit everywhere, rotting and stinking zombies, by the way, yes, zombies will now stink, the more zombies - the more they stink, the hero will blyuvoter bar as he fills the character bends in three deaths and pukes, so zaboristye fucking and plentiful, during which time it may skharchit fucking puke in this alone - this pussy wheel, in general in the future is not so simple ..... Rockets just wanted to make a good game about zombies, and then away we go! ...

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 6

When is GTA 5, DayZ already enslave brains geymorov all, the game will develop huge leaps and soon will be the effect of total immersion in the game. we will all become slaves to this game, it will have to write crap, to be treated, to earn money, there will be chicks, they will be all muddy, the opportunity to weddings and to create a home, a cozy tent for two at some small human reservations as well as an opportunity to start a cat, it will be an alternative to marriage, but still need to wash their hands, there will be different soap, bad good average, this will depend on the purity of the hero, this soap will need to look in the big cities on the shelves sepermarketov swarming zombies and another character will age, but more can be to learn to play instruments, all boy bands will create and play in the evenings for a zombie, and horses still appear, they can be far away to ride, and if you want to kill and eat, to make jerky or sausage solid smoke, it will also depend on the skill of cooking milestone in the development of cooking things, at first there any fucking roots and all garbage from the ground, and then delights, crayfish, king's table, and yet there is need to find condoms that would deal with women safe sex, and then you never know it is contagious, still postapokalimsis with zombies everywhere infection, HIV, dysentery, and even fucking promiscuous, in general, everyone thought the romance and stuff like that, and fucking, danger, extreme, mud, shit everywhere, rotting and stinking zombies, by the way, yes, zombies will now stink, the more zombies - the more they stink, the hero will blyuvoter bar as he fills the character bends in three deaths and pukes, so zaboristye fucking and plentiful, during which time it may skharchit fucking puke in this alone - this pussy wheel, in general in the future is not so simple ..... Rockets just wanted to make a good game about zombies, and then away we go! ...

Greater words have not been said.

• Like 2

=P

one month before going out with standalone you got only pictures ? i wonder why i think about warz now ?

I think they're pretty busy with the lawsuits against WarZ copywriting DayZ stuff and those guys still in Greek prison?

o_O

"...as well as an opprtunity to start a cat..."

I assume rocket doesn't want to reveal too much about his game because of the skumbag WarZ developers stealing his ideas.

The developers expect us to believe that WarZ was"in development for 2 years." That is the biggest load of **** ever. The developers are in it for the money, and I am really glad that there alpha is disgusting. I was given a 2 day guest pass to WarZ by a friend and the game is horrible.

Some may see WarZ as competition in the Open World Zombie Survival Game genre, but I see it as a complete disgust and shame to the gaming community. Those devs are in it for the money, they have no morals, and think they are on top of the community. The devs banned players from uploading footage of their game and now have promised to PAY people who get other people to buy their game through links placed in the description of YouTube videos, disgusting.

I'm pretty glad that many people were able to claim refunds on the game.

Drifted completely off-topic. So sorry.

• Like 4

most of the new exciting and improved content can not be really shown on screenshots cause all the cool game mechanics are running mainly behind the scenes.....there will be improvments to the gameworld and graphics BUT the thing I am really excited about, is the improved gameplay....

just my 2 cents

• Like 1

I did some quick overpaint to illustate my point.

34ilrvt_01-1.jpg

I want this. I dont like the plain sight of a clean building. This is truly amzing... the boards on the doors, the bookcases, the flipped benches... awesome.. Maybe they can make them spawn when your 20 meters from the building so it wont start loading the whole village. For a better framerate. And this is how the map tells its story. A character, has his own story, not the enviroments!

Edited by assitaca
  • Like 3

WTF did i just read :o

I want this. I dont like the plain sight of a clean building. This is truly amzing... the boards on the doors, the bookcases, the flipped benches... awesome.. Maybe they can make them spawn when your 20 meters from the building so it wont start loading the whole village. For a better framerate. And this is how the map tells its story. A character, has his own story, not the enviroments!

Thats it!

We want a devastated world.

Like when you enter some enviroment you just wonder all the shit that must have happened in there.

350sdy0.jpg

I did some quick overpaint to illustate my point.

34ilrvt_01-1.jpg

I really hope that is the endgame look that Rocket and crew are working towards, besides the washing machines the whole damn 'apocalypse' is a very tidy and clean looking place so far. Most places look like someone just finished mopping and dusting.

Very nice overpaint ICO :thumbsup:

Bring on the grunge Rocket.