rocket

You want some more progress screenshots of DayZ Standalone?

Are there gonna be hordes of zombies just randomly spawned,maybe walking next to the road or something :D ? I onestly quite hate that zombies are spawning just when you aproach a town,barn,...it will be more realistic i think :D

I think what you are reffering to is that the world should be loaded at all times, even when you are not near so they will still be there and not floating in mid-air. Take Minecraft for examples, the world is listed in chunks, the reason why minecraft doesnt load every single chunk in the world is because: It has probably infinite chunks and it will lag like HELL. So making zombies spawn when you're not around the town would make the server lag incredibly alot. My opinion on the matter :o

Can ya'll please stop posting here in this specific board? It makes me think the SA came out and someone posted about it :<

It's been a week since Rocket's last Reddit update. Now I see this old thread getting many new posts, making me believe something is actually happening. My head hurts now.

Dark, dark times... my leave is almost up... I just wanted to get a stockpile of beans before I had to return to the salt mines... ;(

The year ain't over yet. Rocket ain't gonna fail us.

I think what you are reffering to is that the world should be loaded at all times, even when you are not near so they will still be there and not floating in mid-air. Take Minecraft for examples, the world is listed in chunks, the reason why minecraft doesnt load every single chunk in the world is because: It has probably infinite chunks and it will lag like HELL. So making zombies spawn when you're not around the town would make the server lag incredibly alot. My opinion on the matter :o

but that chunk limitation is only for the client. the server has to update much more chunks depending on how much clients are connected.

hordes are possible, using some kind of swarm ai. not simulating every single zombie

Edited by siew

It looks badass rocket!

Just out of curiosity though, and I am not sure if this has already been asked and answered, but today is the 31st of December. Can we expect to see the game released today at midnight for new years? Or has the release been delayed?

It looks badass rocket!

Just out of curiosity though, and I am not sure if this has already been asked and answered, but today is the 31st of December. Can we expect to see the game released today at midnight for new years? Or has the release been delayed?

I don't think Rocket will do a surprise release of the Standalone and we're betting that it has been delayed. I think Rocket shouldn't go and rush the game just to satisfy our needs and just take his time polishing the product. :D

Well he could just tell us what's happening. If it gets Delayed or not, coming back after a 2 week holiday break away from the internet and all. And still no new news.

Sad sad Panda

Steam sale ends on the 5th so you are not going to see squat at least until after that.

you really belive they release the first version of the SA just a couple days after the steam sale? In my mind, this is idiotic.

you really belive they release the first version of the SA just a couple days after the steam sale? In my mind, this is idiotic.

could you please explain why this is idiotic for you?

• Like 1

You have 1 post and you use it to insult somebody??

In my mind... THAT is idiotic...

• Like 1

after all the War Z stories about ripping of costumers, you really believe bohemia go out off their way and does such a dick move a few weeks after. I don't think so.

Also Rocket behaves like a con man and should not be trusted. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Let me pre-order it please. :)

I already know that I want this game.

I got a $50 steam gift card for xmas, I ignored the steam sale because i know that card is meant for DayZ.

I got a $50 steam gift card for xmas, I ignored the steam sale because i know that card is meant for DayZ.

DayZ will be around 10-15$ ... so you can spend 30$ as you like,especially when is the steam sale.

after all the War Z stories about ripping of costumers, you really believe bohemia go out off their way and does such a dick move a few weeks after. I don't think so.

Also Rocket behaves like a con man and should not be trusted. :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Do you know Rocket "NO" you sir are a FOOL

You guys need to chill the fuck out lol i hope they make some secure anti cheat shit

Edited by macacolider