rocket

You want some more progress screenshots of DayZ Standalone?

Can't wait for the standalone, with having two weeks off for Christmas I hope it does come out in December. Would love it if dead players became infected after death, looting a players body knowing that the body may turn at any point would be insane.

• Like 2

Would love it if dead players became infected after death, looting a players body knowing that the body may turn at any point would be insane.

That would be excellent! By extension, you'd have potentially geared-up survivor/bandit/hero zeds running around the landscape. However, it would also mean that player bodies would despawn faster if they got up and ran away from any nearby players (remember, zombie spawns are processed on the client machines, not the server). But that would be fine imo, I've never been too fond of dying and then being able to run back to your body after respawning on the coast... it's just a bit too game-y if you know what I mean, and it detracts from the finality of death in DayZ. If your squad is able to loot your dead body for you, mazel tov, but you shouldn't be able to loot your own corpse.

Edited by Bakst
  • Like 5

walking dead prision should be added with hundreds of zombies in but mega rare loot inside

no cake walk make it really hard to get in like in the series but worth it if you survive :)

• Like 2

That would be excellent! By extension, you'd have potentially geared-up survivor/bandit/hero zeds running around the landscape. However, it would also mean that player bodies would despawn faster if they got up and ran away from any nearby players (remember, zombie spawns are processed on the client machines, not the server). But that would be fine imo, I've never been too fond of dying and then being able to run back to your body after respawning on the coast... it's just a bit too game-y if you know what I mean, and it detracts from the finality of death in DayZ. If your squad is able to loot your dead body for you, mazel tov, but you shouldn't be able to loot your own corpse.

I hope the devs see this post.

• Like 5

walking dead prision should be added with hundreds of zombies in but mega rare loot inside

no cake walk make it really hard to get in like in the series but worth it if you survive :)

Because they keep the latest in military technology and high powered rifles in prisons.

Thank you. I love you Rocket :D

Don't get your hopes high, I don't love you in THAT way.

Edited by Polo-

Wow, nice bumping quite an old thread.

But those interior pics on the first post are amazing.

I liked the setting of the hospital in The Walking Dead. They had clearly started trying to treat the infected which had started to go wrong and they eventually trapped them in part of the hospital.

Dead bodies everywhere, others trying to leave warnings for other survivors 'DONT OPEN DEAD INSIDE'. It looked very eerie - it had the whole 'Oh fuck. What happened here. Oh fuck.'.

Better than the whole 'Few boxes on the floor', make the players search the hospital for supplies.

I totally agree, that just makes the amibence 10x better. For me, the story is as important as the action.

• Like 2

So I guess the combat indicator isn't going to be in the standalone?

Look at the date.. This was before the whole combat indicator thing got added. And I think there's gonna be something else to replace it.

• Like 1

The graphics look like the DayZ Mod with Arma 2... Is this going to use the Arma2 engine ? Or it is something else and you have imported the textures into the game?

:rolleyes: it is an BI game so they are using of course the BI sources....in fact they have written something like their own engine for the SA based on the "Take on helicopters" engine which is based on the A2 engine, but also added new stuff as well from A3 where needed....we could even call it DayZ Stand Alone Engine V.1.0 ...of couse the basic look and graphics will be the same as in the mod but I guess we'll have a good chance to get a better lighting and weather system in the future...don't know about new shaders and textures...however.... this is the look of the virtual reality engine...and I really like it :)

Can ya'll please stop posting here in this specific board? It makes me think the SA came out and someone posted about it :<

• Like 5

Are there gonna be hordes of zombies just randomly spawned,maybe walking next to the road or something :D ? I onestly quite hate that zombies are spawning just when you aproach a town,barn,...it will be more realistic i think :D

Everytime I read this title, I cannot do so without reading it IN A EXTREME MANNER! RWARRRR!

But in all seriousness, good things in good time.