mattlightfoot

DayZ mod on Namalsk

No chance of a Triffid version then? ;)

Hungry walking plants with a whip lash stinger to kill you from a distance of 5m would be cool....

See The Day of The Triffids if you've not heard of this post-apocalyptic story..

Downloading the mod for ArmA 2, let's see what it presents..

Just two videos I made few dayz ago:

So just the heads up for you guys, DayZDB loot map should ready within next 12 hours. Release trailer is coming up (hopefully today, too), DayZ: Namalsk integration into bliss hive is coming too, and the needed server files & client should be hopefully up on the nightstalkers.cz website within 12 hours too.

• Like 8

So just the heads up for you guys, DayZDB loot map should ready within next 12 hours. Release trailer is coming up (hopefully today, too), DayZ: Namalsk integration into bliss hive is coming too, and the needed server files & client should be hopefully up on the nightstalkers.cz website within 12 hours too.

Thanks, I went through the change list and other info on your site this morning.

Good luck.

I am really looking forward to this release.

Have some more :beans: Z.

(I'm up to mission 20 in Nightstalkers btw, but I'm not sure which tower I should take shelter, nevermind I'll work it out later).

When do you think we'll hear about the potential involvement with DayZ Commander?

I'm far too lazy to avoid using something so simple.

Can´t wait to survive on this map!

Can't recommend this guy enough, another chap like IceBreakr and many others, in the really fine ArmA modding community. These guys are extremely talented, and it takes months, if not years, to make these maps. Support them all you can, and download their maps/mods - you won't regret it.

Have u ever tried to give people like them a Job?

Sometimes i wish that people like them get more then honor, because they put so much passion & love into they work.

Ideas:

1.Put they Maps into Standalone and give them some money for they work

or

2. I know people will hate me for this suggestion but...What do you think about a official MapStore for standalone?

With fixed prices like 1€-5€ per Map (25% for official DayZTeam 75%for the MapMaker).

with Rating & Ranking, How many Servers, How many Players that buy the maps and so on and on...

Sales over Steam and the official MapStore (with paysafecard, i will pay them!)

I think this can bring many very good Mapmakers into DayZ standalone and they hard work will pay them, so MapMakers will do the best they can and crap getting automatically filtered because of the low sales.

Edited by DaGolem

Id rather donate an ammount directly to the map maker if they had a donate button on their website.

A lot of people are missing out on a lot of stuff just because they use only DayZ Commander.

Edited by Fonzie
  • Like 3

Like what? Id like to try new stuff for dayz/arma2 but when ever i try it never works, or it might be me not doing it right.

Eg i downloaded the Namalsk addon for arma2, made sure it was the right version, put it where it said in the root dir and when i booted up arma 2 i couldnt see anything to do with it.

A lot of people are missing out on a lot of stuff just because they use only DayZ Commander.

This is very much true, unfortunately people like to be spoon fed these days.

Although DayZ Commander is obviously a very user friendly tool and very well made I feel it's probably one of the worst things to have happened to this community now as it's made them lazy and because of this a lot of great modders aren't getting the recognition they deserve for the work they are putting out. Seems to be now, for the vast majority here, if it ain't on DC they will not play it, very, very sad, especially as most of these mods will give a step by step guide of how to install and fire up anyway. Everything you need is in the game itself, you don't need DC to play anything.

Are you talking about dayz related stuff or arma stuff??

Dayz Commander is for Dayz, i wouldnt expect to see arma mods on dayz commander.

I really think Namalsk should be the official DayZ island. It looks really great and spooky.

• Like 1

No point releasing more maps till bugs are fixed, so get coding slackers.

Also i'm surprised Rocket said these guys are talented, i'm sure it takes great talent to put trucks and roadblocks halfway up cliff faces. and have ponds you can walk right through like Icebreakr did on the Panthera map. Did they just hit the random button? are they trolling us? Seriously i saw better stuff on the Farcry2 map editor

Edited by RiggsUK

Also i'm surprised Rocket said these guys are talented, i'm sure it takes great talent to put trucks and roadblocks halfway up cliff faces.

I don't think your quite grasping what Sumrak has given us here :huh:

• Like 2

This is very much true, unfortunately people like to be spoon fed these days.

Although DayZ Commander is obviously a very user friendly tool and very well made I feel it's probably one of the worst things to have happened to this community now as it's made them lazy and because of this a lot of great modders aren't getting the recognition they deserve for the work they are putting out.

That's ridiculous. If a tool has been developed where we can revert to previous betas at the click of a button, and use what I think is a massive improvement on the current Armed Assault server browser, then why can't we use it? I'm sure if people were really up for trying a mod, they'd go around DC and just install it as a normal mod, but all that was asked is when they think it will be comptabile with DC. Get off your high-horse.

Edited by mzltv

Thanks, I went through the change list and other info on your site this morning.

Good luck.

I am really looking forward to this release.

Have some more :beans: Z.

(I'm up to mission 20 in Nightstalkers btw, but I'm not sure which tower I should take shelter, nevermind I'll work it out later).

Thanks! Good progress, yeah, well, you will find out! :D

When do you think we'll hear about the potential involvement with DayZ Commander?

I'm far too lazy to avoid using something so simple.

As I said earlier, it will depend on the popularity (server count..).

Like what? Id like to try new stuff for dayz/arma2 but when ever i try it never works, or it might be me not doing it right.

Eg i downloaded the Namalsk addon for arma2, made sure it was the right version, put it where it said in the root dir and when i booted up arma 2 i couldnt see anything to do with it.

If you have in your root directory @NC folder, then just launch Arma II: Combined Operations and you can even allow it through the ingame mod manager, this should be the easiest possible way of doing it. Next, and more recommended is to use any awesome community arma II launcher, which can allows you to manage mods and launching Arma II.

No point releasing more maps till bugs are fixed, so get coding slackers.

Also i'm surprised Rocket said these guys are talented, i'm sure it takes great talent to put trucks and roadblocks halfway up cliff faces. and have ponds you can walk right through like Icebreakr did on the Panthera map. Did they just hit the random button? are they trolling us? Seriously i saw better stuff on the Farcry2 map editor

This post made my day :D, you HAVE CLEARLY NO IDEA what about you are talking. So, please, do some research before posting something like this, or just return to your Far Cry 2 map editor ;)

Edited by Sumrak

Also i'm surprised Rocket said these guys are talented, i'm sure it takes great talent to put trucks and roadblocks halfway up cliff faces.

Ok, you go ahead and create a map with fully working single player campaign with interesting story, multiplayer co-op on that map and then import Dayz in to it. We shall see what you create.

• Like 1

That's ridiculous. If a tool has been developed where we can revert to previous betas at the click of a button, and use what I think is a massive improvement on the current Armed Assault server browser, then why can't we use it? I'm sure if people were really up for trying a mod, they'd go around DC and just install it as a normal mod, but all that was asked is when they think it will be comptabile with DC. Get off your high-horse.

Yeah, as I said, it's a great tool for lazy people, but without it and similar programs people would have to learn how to drag and drop files into the correct directory and also how to get them to launch, that way all these different custom mods wouldn't seem so daunting for the less PC savvy and more people would play and get to enjoy this great work that is out there.

And Chris, yes I'm talking about DayZ.