mattlightfoot

DayZ mod on Namalsk

Looks really good, I expect quite a few servers will support this.

I tried the campaign on veteran , dang thats hard !

Its like Metal Gear Solid for Arma - pretty cool all stealthy etc...

Don't think I've got time to really get into it though , but the map is excellent. Will be awesome on a DayZ server.

From the modders page..

[Arma II Combined Operations users]

If you don't own Namalsk Crisis at all, proceed with the download of Namalsk Crisis, Update 2 - Pathfinder full package.

Namalsk Crisis v1.15, including ALL updates [FULL] 688MB

..this then links to the link below but i cannot find the actual download :)

http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=14194

edit..found it hidden on the bottom of the above linked page amongst the ads..work pc so no adblock :)

Edited by Hetstaine

Looks very good. Any chance of Aliens instead of zombies to mix it up a bit?

Would get a Take On: Survival! series going then.

Edited by Phleep

Probably one of the best community maps ever made. Played it for over a year when it came out in MP,

So I take it we just download Namalsk Pathfinder and that will allow us to play dayz version?

Yup.

how big is namalsk? looks very well done too!

The map itself is 12.8km x 12.8km, island(s) are on the 7km x 7km area. (yeah, that 12.8km x 12.8km is overkill, but, who knows? More space for something more :D - it is actually one of the remains from the OFP -> Arma 1 island convert (yeah, this island exists somehow in Operation Flashpoint too :D))

From the modders page..

[Arma II Combined Operations users]

If you don't own Namalsk Crisis at all, proceed with the download of Namalsk Crisis, Update 2 - Pathfinder full package.

Namalsk Crisis v1.15, including ALL updates [FULL] 688MB

..this then links to the link below but i cannot find the actual download :)

http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=14194

edit..found it hidden on the bottom of the above linked page amongst the ads..work pc so no adblock :)

You just need to go through the whole Update 2 description, download is in the bottom part, because I want you to read everything :D I also added armedassault.info links now.

Looks very good. Any chance of Aliens instead of zombies to mix it up a bit?

Would get a Take On: Survival! series going then.

Well not exactly aliens, but I was thinking about adding rare spawn of bloodsucker (mostly invisible creature with glowing eyes), but it would require some more scripting changes and mainly, you do not want to meet this monster, zombies are just tickling you if I should compare their effectivity with my bloodsucker :D

Thanks all!

DayZ: Namalsk will be hopefully released within a few days (I am really expecting it by the end of this week).

Edited by Sumrak

Hopefully DayZCommander picks this up when it's released, many people simply will not try it otherwise which is a shame.

Hopefully DayZCommander picks this up when it's released, many people simply will not try it otherwise which is a shame.

^ this please.. i am lazy

Let's count in how many days Vilayer steal this idea/map and will re-brand it.

Well not exactly aliens, but I was thinking about adding rare spawn of bloodsucker (mostly invisible creature with glowing eyes), but it would require some more scripting changes and mainly, you do not want to meet this monster, zombies are just tickling you if I should compare their effectivity with my bloodsucker :D

Thanks all!

Sumrak please add bloodsuckers and make them randomly spawn (one per spawn slot would be enough :) ) just in the woods near high military loots, and make them hard, that 2 players will have problems to kill one. One player shouldn't be able to kill it or outrun it as we can do with zombies.

That would add extra in to game so players would fear to go in to woods near the high military loots by themselfs.

And thx for porting Dayz in to Namalsk.

Please dont start suggesting anything stupid for this, let the masterminds do what they please.

+1 for the DayzCommander.

Serious Question Rocket!

Why do you not work with them together? It seems that they are very talented.

Would be better if you focus your strength in ONE work! :)

Downloaded this map for arma 2 earlier just so i could see what it looks like, and in the process i learnt to fly a helicopter :D, map is awesome btw, bridges are epic, and found underground tunnels too all in a cold bleak setting of winter, very scary map, cant wait for it to put onto Dayz :)

Am hoping Rocket and team steal some this maps ideas for chern + :)

Am hoping Rocket and team steal ask politely for some this maps ideas for chern + ;)

Fixed !

looks great, cant wait.. i notice in the change log there are broken NVGs broken radio added.. whats the deal here? do you need two to repair and get a working set, or do they work, with faults? im sure ill find out soon enough if no one knows.

I dunno about the blood sucker idea.. I like stuff to be physically possible. (light bending to achieve invisibility seems out there) I have no issues with like rockets Z's.. theyre infected, with a disease, and still require their organs/ to transmit oxygen/blood through their bodies.. none o this need to kill brains to kill, because theyre magic stuff... But if say they had been infected by like a reverse style retro virus, thats inprinting its own DNA into its victims, resulting in a different species being born(i am legend/ resident evil) it seems plausible that a new species could be born, and the longer theyre infected the greater the mutation. (i loved the vampire zombies from i am legend) Thats just my opinion, ill still play it regardless...

DayZ Commander support will depend on the popularity (server count..) AFAIK.

For the bloodsucker case, scripts would need to be redone (they are not really mp friendly and would need to have more changes so he does not starts killing the infected for example). I agree, it could possibly create some new pve challenge, but I would like to focus during next updates more on the loot tables and balancing based on the feedback (+ maybe some little things..).

KingOchaos: Permanently broken :P (at least, that's how it "works" now..). So you can basically equip it, but you can't use it. I mean, I added it mainly because it is good to have more entries in the loot tables :)

DayZ Commander support will depend on the popularity (server count..) AFAIK.

For the bloodsucker case, scripts would need to be redone (they are not really mp friendly and would need to have more changes so he does not starts killing the infected for example). I agree, it could possibly create some new pve challenge, but I would like to focus during next updates more on the loot tables and balancing based on the feedback (+ maybe some little things..).

KingOchaos: Permanently broken :P (at least, that's how it "works" now..). So you can basically equip it, but you can't use it. I mean, I added it mainly because it is good to have more entries in the loot tables :)

But it would be so much cooler if they killed the infected and players. Dead Zeds is how most people know someone is near by. If they started falling dead with out a sound, how scary would that be. But i would suggest more then one. If you saw 2 sets of glowing red eyes, what would you do. 0.o

As for Broken Radio's, who know's they might not always lay there dead ;) . Would be cool to be doing your thing and static starts playing and then something is transmitted.

Download the Map and Mod for campaign. Only in the first chapter still, but it's really good so far. Had a little hiccup of to do, but after trial and error i found my way out of that town :) .

That's my 2Cb (Cbills)