1. Official

1. News & Announcements

DayZ Status Reports and other News

1. General Discussion

General DayZ discussion

DayZ media

DayZ Server & Admin Forum to discuss server hosting and modification. No advertisement.

1. 79731

1. 1306

Other fields such as config changes, texturing, audio, animations etc.

1. Mod Announcements & Info

Latest major announcements and features on your favourite zombie survival mod!

Guides, tutorials, videos...Oh my!

Post your DayZ Mod photos and videos here!

DayZ Mod Server & Admin Forum.

Any suggestions? Put them here!

1. MiniDayZ   (80123 visits to this link)

• Recent Posts

• Thanks for information)
    • You’re basically typing a whole bunch of nothing…    Like I said it’s a tech demo not a game… It will never grow to the heights of Tarkov because it refuses to actually put structure in the game.   why would I care if you don’t have time to play a game? That sounds really stupid go play a single player game where you do have time.   It sounds like you like to log in to a place quickly loot and sign out which is lame you’re not even playing the game at that point. If you’re playing this game for 30min at a time are you really playing it?
    • If this is it for the big update at the end of the year then im gonna be a bit sad, they really killed the AI update for a lazy map port for console kids
    • Sorry to necro, but this is great information! I have been looking online everywhere for an explanation of how the infected events in events.xml and zombie_territories.xml interact with one another, but have been thus far unable to find it (until I stumbled across your post). I know zombie_territories.xml controlled the amount of zombies that spawned in, but I couldn't figure out how the child min/maxes of the infected events influenced the number of zombies spawning in, if at all. It is great to confirm that this actually does nothing to the actual amount of zombies spawning in, and only affects the zombie demographics that spawn in the areas outlined in zombie_territories.xml. Do you know what adjusting the min, max, and nominal values for the infected events found in events.xml does? Does the server actually respect these maximum/minimum values? Ex/ if the maximum for infectedcity is set to 50 and there are already 50 active infectedcity events on the server, when a player approaches another infectedcity spawn coordinate in zombie_territories.xml, will this area fail to populate zombies? P.S. What is the difference between nominal and maximum in this regard? In most other files, nominal is treated as the maximum, I am curious to know the nuances between these two values. Thank you in advance for taking these questions into consideration! Any light you are able to shed on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
    • Blessed are you...
      Try asking in these Discord servers:
      Enfusion Modders (discord.gg / enfusionmodders)
      DayZ Editor (discord.gg / gPq8wmP67b)
    • As a huge DayZ fan and PC player I was a bit disapointed when details about the expansion were revealed but I like everything Tomas says here and really makes sense to me what he shares.  
    • Hi guys! Quite a long time ago I started developing missions in Arma 3. But after a while I got a little bored. And now I’m actively playing DayZ and have a desire to start scripting and creating mods in this game. Give me some advice and guide me at the beginning of my journey. I am interested in the following questions: 1) Where can I find educational information about scripting? 2) Where to start studying? 3) What criteria do you initially need to have in order to do this and how difficult is it? 4) And what else would be good to learn that would be an addition to scripting? In terms of skills, I have a little more than a basic understanding of C++ and C#, and also have an understanding of OOP
    • Forever? Since when? The only instance when container such as tent cannot be removed is when player deploy it in a way that activation field is beyond reach (in a wall for instance). But it would still be possible to "remove it" with fire, unless administration turned that option off. Moving containers around is pretty standard thing - either during additional construction or raiding. I've done that million times myself. And yes - there is no such thing as important or less. Remember when they've added repair option for Teddy Bears? It was nothing for majority of people. Except for me, since i'm collecting them big time :).
    • like i said. my one hope lies at this point in the act of garnering enough people to it be overwhelming in criticism for this change. just like how they caved to fixed the hand bug because there was enough people causing a fuss about it.

thats it. i really dont see anyone actually working on the change to make this decision themselves only what other people say to them. sadly. because it shouldn't be like that. it should be the people working on the game already know this and not have to be overwhelmed by the bitching and moaning of other people to do it.

but it is what it is
    • Yea kinda simple, but dayz it's in "more" important things so I guess your suggestion has to wait 5 years to be "maybe" considered